Gareth Lewis is a highly skilled and experienced Technical Architect and technical/design authority specialising in software-defined data centre (VMware vSphere) and networking (VMware NSX), storage area networks, data centre design and operations, and cloud technologies. Currently the Senior Infrastructure Architect at the Royal College of Nursing, Gareth has over 15 years of IT experience, as well as a deep understanding of both technical and business knowledge. Gareth is proud to be able to design, develop, and deliver high-end and resilient technical solutions to meet customer and organisational requirements.
Data centre operations, private and public cloud, infrastructure and network virtualisation (VMware vSphere and NSX), and storage area networks (iSCSI and FC SAN); selection, implementation, development, and support of vendors and strategic partner relationships, and procurement of high quality hardware, software, and services.
- VMware vSphere design, implementation, and administration
- VMware NSX design, implementation, and administration
- VMware Horizon design, implementation, and administration
- Veeam Backup and Replication design, implementation, and administration
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager design, implementation, and administration
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013 design, implementation, and administration, and migration
- Microsoft Direct Access 2012
- Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Network Routing and Switching
- Dell Server hardware, including both rack-mount and blade
- Dell and Brocade FC and iSCSI storage
- Dell, Pure Storage, Nexsan, and Nexenta storage appliances
Any information or views expressed in this blog are my own and do not represent those of my employer.
Unauthorised use or duplication of any material without prior written permission from this website’s author is strictly prohibited. © Virtually Gareth Lewis 2018.